Writing 5150 involuntary holds requires certification by the Director of Mental Health. This limited training is to provide re-certification for those individuals who have completed the full-day class previously in Placer County.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of patients’ rights;
• Describe knowledge and understanding of any changes in the LPS Act;
• Prepare the components of a mental health crisis assessment;
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the process for detaining an individual pursuant to W&I code 5150 through vignettes; and
• Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of current W&I 5150 laws, policies and procedures to earn or maintain designation by Placer County as a person authorized to write involuntary detainment holds.
Only for those who are designated to be 5150 certified by Placer County and are up for renewal.
This class is to renew certification for employees who are currently authorized to write holds for their employer in Placer County. All class materials will be provided. Please bring a pen and water or other beverage if you like. We begin promptly at 1:00, and you will finish your exam between 4:30 and 5:00.
Placer County Systems of Care
California Association of Marriage and Family Therapist Approved CE Provider #041035
Certifier Name: Jamie Gallagher, AMFT #97139
Certifier Title: Continuing Education Coordinator