• Demonstrate increased knowledge and understanding of patients’ rights;
• Describe increased knowledge and understanding of any changes in the LPS Act;
• Prepare the components of a mental health crisis assessment;
• Demonstrate increased knowledge and understanding of the process for detaining an individual pursuant to W&I code 5150 through vignettes; and
• Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and understanding of current W&I 5150 laws, policies and procedures to earn or maintain designation by Placer County as a person authorized to write involuntary detainment holds.
Only staff designated to evaluate for 5150 may attend this training.
This class is for employees who are not currently certified but who are required to write holds for their employer in Placer County. You must meet the Placer County credentialing requirements in order to be authorized to write holds. All class materials will be provided. Please bring a pen and water or other beverage if you like. We begin promptly at 8:30, and you will finish your exam between 3:30 and 4:00. We will take a one hour lunch break mid-day.
Placer County Systems of Care
California Association of Marriage and Family Therapist Approved CE Provider #041035
Certifier Name: Christopher Pawlak, MFT #82435
Certifier Title: Continuing Education Coordinator